Meatless Monday: Quorn Vegetable Noodles in a Satay Sauce

Happy Meatless Monday!

Today's recipe is a mix of a few things we decided to try. It was so simple to make, and made a really tasty and filling dinner.





When we decided to try our hand at making the noodles, I started browsing for Vegetarian Satay Noodle recipes online, but none of them really had what I wanted (I had a lovely Chicken Satay meal the other week when we went out for dinner and I think in some way I wanted to try and recreate that meal - it really was divine). So I started looking for Chicken Satay noodle recipes and thought if I could find one I really liked, I could substitute out the chicken and work from there. 

I found a great recipe which I could adapt but the recipe called for a packet of Satay sauce, and we like to know what is in our food, so I started hunting again until I found a nice easy Satay recipe to try. 

Today's Meatless Monday will be in two parts, I will start with the recipe for the noodle dish, and then go on to making the sauce.


Vegetable Noodles:
Ingredients:

  • 450g Soba Noodles
  • 2 Shallots
  • Toasted Nut Oil
  • 180g of Green Beans, topped and halved
  • 400g Quorn Fillets, sliced
  • 1 Carrot, peeled & thinly sliced
  • Baby corn

Method: 





  • Heat the Toasted Nut oil in the wok and lightly fry the the Quorn fillets. Place in a bowl and set aside.
  • Add Shallots, Green Beans, Carrot and Baby corn to the pan and heat.
  • Add already cooked Quorn fillets.
  • Heat on the hob, stirring frequently to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
  • Boil water in a saucepan. 
  • Add Soba Noodles to boiling water and cook until tender.

Satay Sauce:
Ingredients:

3-4 tbsp of crunchy Peanut Butter
3 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
100ml of Water

Method: 
  • First put the 3 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Sauce into a bowl.
  • Add 2tbsp of Soy Sauce.
  • Next add 3 tbsp of Peanut Butter.
  • Stir the mixture together.
  • Slowly add the water, stirring it into the sauce.
  • Taste the sauce, if needed add another 1 tbsp of crunchy Peanut Butter.


  • Add Satay Sauce into pan with the Quorn and Vegetables and warm through for a few minutes.
  • Drain the noodles and serve into bowls.
  • Place the mixture on top of the noodles.
  • Serve immediately.



Quorn Vegetable Noodles Inspired by: Chicken Satay Noodles
Satay Sauce Inspired by: Thai Satay Stir Fry


Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear your comments if you do, or let me know what you think about the recipe, even if you haven't tried it yet.











1 comment: