Love Defined

Love Defined

(cross posted with The Blanket Stitch)

Hello! For today's post I have been busy making a wonderful heart decoration that was picked up from a craft shop, and I have been umming and ahhing over what to do with it ever since. Its actually taking me a fair while to get it made, due to not really knowing what I wanted. 

DSCF6583 

 When I made my 'Imagine' canvas a few weeks ago I loved the colour of the paint so much that I ended up painting the heart while I was at it, however, from there I didn't know what I wanted to do, so it had been left untouched, until now.


DSCF6557

I was also making something for Fathers Day, and when I finished that I decided to keep going and finally finished the heart! 


DSCF6559 

 I started with a smaller heart I had painted that I knew I wanted to attached to the main heart. Using a Paris stamp and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I created this look on the smaller heart.


DSCF6566

On the larger heart I stamped, again using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, a sheet music background.


DSCF6579   

Using some pink wire, I added this to heart, and wound it round the stick.


DSCF6574    

For the centre of the piece, I used some cream paper, stamped quite haphazardly with Old Paper Distress Ink and edged with Vintage Photo to give it an old look. I then rolled the top and the bottom to make it look like an old scroll. Then, using a Tim Holtz stamp I stamped the centre of the scroll, using black archival ink.


DSCF6577  

Underneath the scroll I have placed a tag shaped piece of card, with a floral pattern.


DSCF6575   

To the right hand side of the scroll I have added a small silk/fabric flower.


DSCF6582   

This was really simple to make in the end, and I left it with this as I feared if I added anymore it would become to fussy. 


DSCF6583   

The final outcome... ...What do you think? 

0 comments: