The First Craft Fair Experience

Last Saturday 10th was the day that Blanket Stitch had a presence at their first Craft Fair. Friday was spent checking the stock pressing and removing any last stray threads! I prepared all I thought I would need on the day:cloths for the table, wrapping paper and business cards to slip inside each purchase.
Saturday morning came the car was loaded and a little apprehensive I headed for the venue.



Panic set in as I had an hour to set up, I had a sort of plan ! My biggest concerns were : Did I have enough stock? Would people like what I had to sell and would I sell anything?

With 10 minutes to spare I was ready to meet the public, Did I have enough stock? I had more than enough , which was one panic over.
I was not the only "first timer" and soon got chatting to other like minded "Crafters".



 My second concern as I said before was ,Would people like what I had to sell ? The answer was yes, people stopped and looked and even if they didn't buy they said they loved what they saw and wanted to know how items were made.

My final concern was would I sell anything? Sadly there were not many visitors through the door and some stallholders didn't sell but Yes I did sell and I sold items from across the range of items that were for sale. Christmas stockings, Vintage aprons, Knicker bags and Kindle cases (made by Amy the other crafting partner of Blanket stitch).



This first fair was always to be a test, get a feel for how Craft Fairs operated and learn from the experience  and hopefully sell! For the second fair (Sunday 18th) I will try to layout the stock so it is easier for prospective customers to browse and hopefully I will sell some more!

I met some really lovely people and the Craft Fair experience left me motivated and inspired and I had a brilliant day! I recommend it.

See our Folksy Shop for all our items.

Carol

0 comments: