Fathers Day Craft: A personalised Canvas


For today's blog post I wanted to share with you a little canvas that I have made my dad as part of his Father's day present. It was super easy to make and you can do anything to customise it so it suits your dad.


I started by painted my canvas my chosen colour, for my dad my only option was blue, plus I wanted to do something special on the front to represent him, and blue would be pretty pivotal for that. I used acrylic paint across the canvas.


Down the left hand side I used a piece to string, to break up the canvas. I tied a bow in the top and glued it too the canvas.

I also added this cardboard 'Dad' sign I found in my stash, just so the string didn't look too bare against the canvas.


I found some letter tiles I had in my stash, and using Chipped Saphire Tim Holtz Distress Ink, I stamped them to match the canvas.

As you can see from the above photo, everything was very blue while I was working!


I found this tag, and stamped it in Chipped Saphire Distress Ink. Then, using a stencil, I copied 'Love, Amy' coloured it in using a black sharpie and attached it under the Cardboard 'Dad' sign.


I attached the 'Dad' tiles to the top of the canvas, using 2 sticky pads on each tile.


For the centre piece I drew the Torquay United Logo (Dad's favourite football team - he was born and raised in Torquay, Devon, UK) and painted it using yellow acrylic paint and then glued it to the centre of the canvas.


I am really pleased with the outcome, its just how I imagined it. I am sure he will really love it, I will keep you all updated!

This is a really simple idea, easy to make and you can make it to completely suit you Dad's personality.

If you try this don't forget to leave me a comment below, linking to your post and/or photos, I would love to see them!













0 comments: