Stamping for love...my new love of Stamping!

It's been a while since I wrote a good long craft blog post on this blog, so I thought I would update you on my most recent crafting love...Stamping!

Introduced to stamping by my good friend from Laurart before Christmas, last week we had another good stamping session, and I loved it, I really do need to invest in some stamping bits and pieces and set about to make some wonderful creations!

Today I am going to show you the tag I made, its not officially my first tag as I had a play about before Christmas learning different techniques, but it is essentially my first tag where I knew what I was doing (-ish, I did have Laura to help and guide me through!)

First we gathered all the bits and pieces we would need; Distress inks, pads, card, stamps, sprays etc.





Next, with the blank card in front of me I had to decide what I wanted to do. I knew it would be for my boyfriend (due to me not getting him a valentines card) so I settled for a manly, grungy theme. But that was as far as my planning went I don't like to plan too much, I like to see how things develop).



I decided on three colours from Tim Holtz distressed inks (Crushed Olive, Gathered Twigs and Stormy Sky) and set about blending them together on my tag. 


Next I used a water spray, spraying the water into my hand and flicked it over the card and then blotted it, giving it a vintage look.

Then I used a copper spray to add more to the tag.



Next I used a stamp with script across it and using a distress ink added that to my tag. Then I added more wording, then a pattern and a stamp with a film reel look.






Next, using blank archival ink, I stamped 'Love' and 'Listen to your heart'.



Then I pressed a hole out the top and added some grungy ribbon.



Last of all I stamped a heart shaped piece of card and wound rusty wire around it and attached it around the ribbon at the top of my tag.





And I am happy to report, he really liked it!



0 comments: